Monday, January 3, 2011

Ok Here Goes...

My new Years resolution...to educate myself when it comes to my children/family.
The other night I get this call from my sister just a weeping, weeping (noticed emphasis on how I said it twice). She was having a very bad day and needed her "mom" to talk to, but in her words "you are all I have". Now, No, I did not take offence to this and it actually made us laugh a little. The truth be told it is very hard to know that your mom is still alive and does not "really" care if your having a bad day.
Well I want to be the kind of Mom for my daughter that when her day brings her to tears I am the first person who comes to mind to call...and she calls! I know you can have others that are older and wiser but there is something about talking to someone who knows your history and they understand your thinking. You don't have to explain and sometimes you don't want to explain you just want them to love you.
God willing I will stay in tuned to my girls (and boy) and be there when needed.
So I plan to spend the rest of my life making there ordinary celebrations extraordinary (hence the learning to cake decorate), with in my means that is I will not break the family financially, and to educate myself.
With that being said I am sharing a book geared more towards preteen and teen girls, but so far worth the read. 5 conversations you must have with your daughter...there is one for boys also, I just do not have it yet. (It is a Christian based book)

1 comment:

Lynette said...

You are a good SISTER!! she is lucky to have you!!